Falcon official manuals
Falcon language official manuals are released in PDF format, while reference manuals are available on-line.
- The Survival Guide: A cross between a tutorial and a reference guide, this is an entry level document aimed both to first time users and script specialists. There's also a Dowloadable PDF.
- The Falcon Language Function Reference: Function reference for the Core and RTL modules. This online guide covers the main functions which are available to stand-alone scripts.
- Nest web application framework: An application framework built around Falcon WOPI (Web Oriented Programming Interface).
This manuals are provided for developers willing to create new Falcon modules, embed Falcon in their applications or participate in the development.
- Engine reference: the reference of the API, containing both internal classes and the interface exposed to modules and embeddings.
- Embedders guide: shows how to write applications that use Falcon as a scripting engine.
- Module writing guide: Guide to write new cross-platform binary modules in C++ to extend Falcon functionalities.
Older documentation for 0.8 versions
- The Quickstart: A crash course about the most useful conecpts and constructs available in Falcon. It's suggested to start here to obtain an in-depth understanding of the most witty points of the languages.
- The Showdown: It's a brief intorduction to the language, and an exposition of the most interesting and peculiar features of Falcon. This document has a wider range than the quickstart, but doesn't go in depth. It is suggested to start here if you want to have a generic idea of what Falcon is about, but you're not feeling like putting your hands on the keyboard to follow some tutorial.
- The Survival Guide: A cross between a tutorial and a reference guide, this is an entry level document aimed both to first time users and script specialists.
- The Command Line Tools (CLT) Guide: A guide to the tools to run falcon scripts directly (i.e. outside embedding applications), to the external utilities.